sluggish performance with MCE remote

Hamish Moffatt
Hi,
I'm using a Media Center remote with USB receiver and there's a
significant delay between button presses getting to applications (irw
and mythfrontend). If I press buttons quickly then I see them all coming
out on irw with delay between each.

I have LIRC 0.9.0 (0.9.0-ubuntu6 from Ubuntu xenial), and kernel 4.4.0.
The USB receiver is

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0471:0815 Philips (or NXP) eHome Infrared Receiver

My kernel drivers are

[ 2:18PM] hamish@bandicoot:~ $ lsmod | grep ir_
ir_rc5_decoder         16384  0
ir_jvc_decoder         16384  0
ir_xmp_decoder         16384  0
ir_lirc_codec          16384  0
lirc_dev               20480  1 ir_lirc_codec
ir_mce_kbd_decoder     16384  0
ir_nec_decoder         16384  0
ir_sharp_decoder       16384  0
ir_sanyo_decoder       16384  0
ir_sony_decoder        16384  0
ir_rc6_decoder         16384  0
rc_core                28672  17
ir_sharp_decoder,ir_xmp_decoder,lirc_dev,ir_lirc_codec,ir_rc5_decoder,ir_nec_decoder,ir_sony_decoder,mceusbir_mce_kbd_decoder,ir_jvc_decoder,dvb_usb_v2,ir_rc6_decoder,dvb_usb_af9035,ir_sanyo_decoder,rc_rc6_mce

I found posts in the archives suggesting this was a bug at one point and
fixed years ago. Can anyone help with a solution?

I've attached my lircd.conf.

thanks

Hamish

lircd.conf.gz (4K) Download Attachment