Quantcast

robosapien config

Eric Buehl
I built a simple LIRC configuration file that implements all the remote functions for robosapien intened to be used for sending codes to the device.  Receiving codes is not always reliable as the remote does not repeat codes also making it very hard to capture codes.  I also put up a little page describing what I have done.  Perhaps this could be useful to to someone!

begin remote

name Robosapien

frequency 39200
header 6666 3333
bits 8
eps 500
aeps 400
one 833 3333
zero 833 833
gap 0
begin codes
# movement commands - no shift

TURN_RIGHT 0x00
RIGHT_ARM_UP 0x02
RIGHT_ARM_OUT 0x04
TILT_BODY_RIGHT 0x06
RIGHT_ARM_DOWN 0x08
RIGHT_ARM_IN 0x0A
WALK_FORWARD 0x0C
WALK_BACKWARD 0x0E
TURN_LEFT 0x10
LEFT_ARM_UP 0x12

LEFT_ARM_OUT 0x14
TILT_BODY_LEFT 0x16
LEFT_ARM_DOWN 0x18
LEFT_ARM_IN 0x1A
STOP 0x1C

#programming commands - no shift
MASTER_COMMAND 0x20
PROGRAM_PLAY 0x22
RIGHT_PROGRAM 0x24

LEFT_PROGRAM 0x26
SONIC_PROGRAM 0x28

#green shift commands
RIGHT_STEP 0x40
RIGHT_THUMP 0x42
RIGHT_THROW 0x44
SLEEP 0x46
RIGHT_PICKUP 0x48
LEAN_BACKWARD 0x4A
FORWARD_STEP 0x4C

BACKWARD_STEP 0x4E
LEFT_STEP 0x50
LEFT_THUMP 0x52
LEFT_THROW 0x54
LISTEN 0x56
LEFT_PICKUP 0x58
LEAN_FORWARD 0x5A
RESET 0x5C

MASTER_EXECUTE 0x60
WAKEUP 0x62
RIGHT_EXECUTE 0x64

LEFT_EXECUTE 0x66
SONIC_EXECUTE 0x68

#orange shift commands
RIGHT_STRIKE3 0x80
RIGHT_SWEEP 0x82
BURP 0x84
RIGHT_STRIKE2 0x86
HIGH5 0x88
RIGHT_STRIKE1 0x8A
BULLDOZER 0x8C

FART 0x8E
LEFT_STRIKE3 0x90
LEFT_SWEEP 0x92
WHISTLE 0x94
LEFT_STRIKE2 0x96
TALKBACK 0x98
LEFT_STRIKE1 0x9A
ROAR 0x9C

DEMO_ALL 0xA0
POWER_OFF 0xA2
DEMO1 0xA4

DEMO2 0xA6
DANCE 0xA8

# secret codes
QUIET_EXECUTE 0x30
FEET_SHUFFLE 0xEC
NOTHING 0xF6
RAISE_ARM 0xF8
KARATE_CHOP 0xAC

end codes

end remote

Re: robosapien config

Christoph Bartelmus
Hi!

Eric Buehl "[hidden email]" wrote:

> I built a simple LIRC configuration file that implements all the remote
[...]
> http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/ebuehl/robosapien-lirc/

Only one remark: I think the device in fact uses 7 bits. The last bit is
not always 0 (just as the first is not always 1), but instead you should
add a "ptrail 833" to the config file and shift right all codes one bit.
This would be consistent with common IR protocols.

> begin remote
>
>   name Robosapien
>
>   frequency 39200
>   header 6666 3333
>   bits 8
>   eps 500

The eps value usually should be around 30. 500 doesn't make much sense.

Christoph

Re: robosapien config

Eric Buehl
i think i tried this.  the problem i ran into was the amount of shit.  i actually only needed to shift half a bit.  (whaa!?!)  by half a bit, i mean the order of pulse-space/space-pulse.  the page i found describing the robosapien protocol said:

    If the data bit is 0: signal goes high for 1/1200 sec, and low for 1/1200 sec.
If the data bit is 1: signal goes high for 4/1200 sec, and low for 1/1200 sec.

although lirc.conf wants 0s and 1s in this format:

  • one <pone> <sone>
    The pulse and space lengths representing a one.
  • zero <pzero> <szero>
    The pulse and space lengths representing a zero.
unless ptrail shifts everything, i'm not sure it will work.  as far as the eps value goes, that was probably left over from when i was frantically changing any value i could in order to make things line up :)

-eric

On 31 Jul 2005 14:38:00 +0200, Christoph Bartelmus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

Eric Buehl "[hidden email]" wrote:

> I built a simple LIRC configuration file that implements all the remote
[...]
> http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/ebuehl/robosapien-lirc/

Only one remark: I think the device in fact uses 7 bits. The last bit is
not always 0 (just as the first is not always 1), but instead you should
add a "ptrail 833" to the config file and shift right all codes one bit.
This would be consistent with common IR protocols.

> begin remote
>
>   name                Robosapien
>
>   frequency   39200
>   header      6666 3333
>   bits                8
>   eps         500

The eps value usually should be around 30. 500 doesn't make much sense.

Christoph

Re: robosapien config

Christoph Bartelmus
Hi!

Eric Buehl "[hidden email]" wrote:

[...]
> the order of pulse-space/space-pulse. the page i found describing the
> robosapien protocol said:
[...]

Don't forget that this description is probably just a guess by someone
most likely not really familiar with IR protocols. I think that this
assumption about the sequence of high and low states is not correct.

> although lirc.conf wants 0s and 1s in this format:
[...]
> unless ptrail shifts everything, i'm not sure it will work. as far as the
> eps value goes, that was probably left over from when i was frantically
> changing any value i could in order to make things line up :)

It should work if you change bits to 7, add ptrail 833 and shift all
codes by 1.

Christoph