Quantcast

remote control looks like 'random pulses'

remote control looks like 'random pulses'

Software
Hi

I have a remote control (for a heating system) that I try to substitute by a raspberry pi. As there is no config file for this remote control, I looked at the output of "mode2 --raw --device /dev/lirc0. But I do not see any pattern; pressing the same button on the remote control (to switch the heating on) produces 9 pulses (plus spaces inbetween), next time I press the same button 8 pulses, next time 4 pulses.

My hardware should work properly, as I can successfully record other remote controls that I have lying around (DVD player and the like).

Any idea how to proceed?

Thanks in advance

http://sdm.link/attshape

Re: remote control looks like 'random pulses'

Adrian Wadey
Hi,

Are you sure you're seeing the whole message?
Some a/c remotes send long streams of data that lirc can't always handle. I guess heating remotes might do something similar.
Adrian

Sent from my iPad

http://sdm.link/attshape

Re: remote control looks like 'random pulses'

Software
Hi Adrian, all

Thank you for your suggestion. The output of mode2 is most often short; sometimes only 4 pulse/pause pairs. How would I note that lirc could not handle the whole sequence (and thus outputs only a short stretch of pulses and pauses)?

Al

http://sdm.link/attshape