mythtv & lircsetup.com

m d

mythtv & lircsetup.com

m d
I've followed the Wilson Guide and the lircsetup.com
guide.  All packages are the most current from ATRPMs
stable  I'm using one instance of LIRC to control two
devices (PVR 250 IR receiver and serial IR blaster)

Once booted, IRW doesn't work, and the IR blaster
won't work in the Mythfrontend.  I have to run these
commands to get everything running;

/sbin/rmmod lirc_i2c
/wbin/rmmod lirc_serial
/sbin/service lircd stop
/sbin/service lircd stop
/sbin/depmod -a
/sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
/sbin/modprobe lirc_serial
/usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0
--output=/dev/lircd
/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1
--output=/dev/lircd1 --pidfile=/var/run/lircd1.pid

*Note* service lircd stop needs to be executed twice
as there are two PIDs that need to be stopped.

1) Does anyone know why this is happening?
2) Where could I put the above commancds so that I
don't need to manually enter the commands on every
reboot.

Thanks,

Marc

Re: mythtv & lircsetup.com

Eli Crumrine
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:49:00 -0700 (PDT) | m d <[hidden email]>

> /sbin/rmmod lirc_i2c
> /wbin/rmmod lirc_serial
> /sbin/service lircd stop
> /sbin/service lircd stop
> /sbin/depmod -a
> /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
> /sbin/modprobe lirc_serial
> /usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0
> --output=/dev/lircd
> /usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1
> --output=/dev/lircd1 --pidfile=/var/run/lircd1.pid

---
> 2) Where could I put the above commancds so that I
> don't need to manually enter the commands on every
> reboot.

You should be able to put those all in the lircd init script.  This will usually be
/etc/init.d/lircd (on debian at least), it will vary by distro.  Maybe in /etc/service/ ?

With a bit of bash scripting, you should be able to add those to the correct script and
get it working.  You might also come across something that is making it not work
correctly, maybe the -d in the script is wrong.

I am not sure about this, but it is also possible that the modules/daemons are getting
loaded/started in the wrong order, preventing it from working right after boot.  If your
distro supports it, you can have the lirc service run near the end of the boot process.
In debian this is accomplished by specifying the numbers in /etc/rc2.d/S##lirc.  For
example, /etc/rc2.d/S20alsa and /etc/rc2.d/S90lirc.  The lower number scripts will be run
first.

//Eli