mode2 spews data

Aaron Richardson
I have 2 machines side by side with as near as I can tell the same
configuration for lirc.  I have a packard bell serial port receiver.  If I
plug the IR receiver into one box it works fine.  If I plug it into the other
box mode2 spews forth data continuously.  Anyone know why this might be?

thanks,
Aaron