lirc won't load after reboot

Jacob Michaelson
Finally I got everything configured and working correctly, but the
settings won't "take" after a reboot.

Here's what I have to run (manually) to get everything to work:

root@mythtv:~# setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
root@mythtv:~# modprobe lirc_serial
root@mythtv:~# /sbin/ldconfig
root@mythtv:~# /usr/local/sbin/lircd

then

$ irxevent &

start the frontend and everything works great.

I know this isn't how this should be done, but I don't know what to
change to make this load automatically on startup.

Any help?

Thanks,

Jake

Re: lirc won't load after reboot

Eli Crumrine
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:23:49 -0600 | Jacob Michaelson <[hidden email]>

> Finally I got everything configured and working correctly, but the
> settings won't "take" after a reboot.
>
> Here's what I have to run (manually) to get everything to work:
>
> root@mythtv:~# setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
> root@mythtv:~# modprobe lirc_serial
> root@mythtv:~# /sbin/ldconfig
> root@mythtv:~# /usr/local/sbin/lircd
>
> then
>
> $ irxevent &
>
> start the frontend and everything works great.
>
> I know this isn't how this should be done, but I don't know what to
> change to make this load automatically on startup.
>
> Any help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jake
The first four commands should be added to your /etc/init.d/lirc (or distro-equivelent),
although are you sure the ldconfig is needed?  Although it will likely have a lot of 'if
[]' statements, with a bit of bash-scripting knowledge you should be able to find where to
put the commands.

The irxevent should go in your ~/.xinitrc or similar xinit script if you use
gdm or something else like that.

--

Sat:Jun:25:05
Eli Crumrine