lirc with Packard Bell on KoppMyth R5A16

lirc with Packard Bell on KoppMyth R5A16

Jacob Michaelson
Hi all,

Recently set up KnoppMyth R5A16 on a homemade box with a PVR-500.  I
bought the cheap-o Packard Bell serial receiver to setup up my remote.

I couldn't immediately find documentation to set up lirc serial stuff
with KnoppMyth, so I followed the instructions found here:

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-8.html

using lirc-0.7.1

When I get to the part about

modprobe lirc_serial

I get the following error:

root@mythtv:/usr/src/lirc-0.7.1# modprobe lirc_serial
FATAL: Error inserting lirc_serial (/lib/modules/2.6.11.9-chw-2/misc/
lirc_serial.ko): Device or resource busy

Running fuser /dev/lirc gives me nothing, just another prompt.

Any ideas on what I should check?

Thanks in advance,

Jake