devinput does not send repeats

Michael K
I've been using lirc for a number of years under Fedora with success.
As noted in a previous posting, this stopped working with the latest Fedora (24).
I removed the explicit remote configuration file that had previously worked (for an Asus branded Philips remote) and used the 'devinput' device.

This works except that no keys will repeat on holding the key down. (this did work in the old configuration)
I've tried various combinations of 'repeat' option in /etc/lirc.conf.d/devinput.lircd.conf but with no sucess.
What option do I need to add or change to enable/control key repeat in the devinput configuration file?

reports.http://sdm.link/zohodev2dev

Re: devinput does not send repeats

Alex Kost

Michael K (2016-07-09 17:59 +0300) wrote:

> I've been using lirc for a number of years under Fedora with success.
> As noted in a previous posting, this stopped working with the latest
> Fedora (24).
> I removed the explicit remote configuration file that had previously
> worked (for an Asus branded Philips remote) and used the 'devinput'
> device.
>
> This works except that no keys will repeat on holding the key down.
> (this did work in the old configuration)
> I've tried various combinations of 'repeat' option in /etc/
> lirc.conf.d/devinput.lircd.conf but with no sucess.
> What option do I need to add or change to enable/control key repeat
> in the devinput configuration file?

I experience the same.  With the default devinput config, repeats worked
with LIRC 0.9.3 and earlier versions, but not with 0.9.4.

Also (not sure if it relates), since 0.9.4 only the "obsolete 32 bit
version" of config works.  I mean a default devinput config file
(generated by 'lirc-make-devinput') contains 2 almost the same
configurations.  If I understand correctly the first one is the 64-bit
version and the second one is 32-bit.  So I had a config only with the
64-bit version and it works with 0.9.3, but not with 0.9.4

--
Alex

reports.http://sdm.link/zohodev2dev