convert hardware.conf to lirc_options.conf

convert hardware.conf to lirc_options.conf

deschmit
I'm looking for some help to convert my previously working hardware.conf to lirc_options.conf.  I have it half working now.  My DViCO USB receiver is working (I can see keypresses in irw).  The part the is not yet working again is my homebrew serial port blaster.  I want to use irsend commands. I used to use lirc_dev and lirc_serial modules.  I think serial_ir has replaced lirc_serial now.  At least it is no longer available for my 4.10 ubuntu 17.04 kernel.

my old hardware.conf looked like this

#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="DViCO USB Remote"
REMOTE_MODULES=""
REMOTE_DRIVER="dvico"
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/usb/hiddev0"
REMOTE_SOCKET=""
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/lircd.conf"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS="-r --allow-simulate "

#Chosen IR Transmitter
TRANSMITTER="Serial Port (UART) : Dish Receiver"
TRANSMITTER_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_serial"
TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
TRANSMITTER_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/lircd_trans.conf"
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS="--uinput --listen=0.0.0.0:8766"

#Enable lircd
START_LIRCD="true"

#Don't start lircmd even if there seems to be a good config file
#START_LIRCMD="false"

#Try to load appropriate kernel modules
LOAD_MODULES="true"

# Default configuration files for your hardware if any
LIRCMD_CONF=""

#Forcing noninteractive reconfiguration
#If lirc is to be reconfigured by an external application
#that doesn't have a debconf frontend available, the noninteractive
#frontend can be invoked and set to parse REMOTE and TRANSMITTER
#It will then populate all other variables without any user input
#If you would like to configure lirc via standard methods, be sure
#to leave this set to "false"
FORCE_NONINTERACTIVE_RECONFIGURATION="false"
START_LIRCMD=""

and below is what I have for the new lirc_options.conf
I'm guessing I need to somehow specify the lirc_dev and ir_serial modules along with the /dev/lirc0 device.  How can I add this in without losing the dvico receive function I have working?

[lircd]
nodaemon        = False
driver          = dvico
device          = /dev/usb/hiddev0
output          = /var/run/lirc/lircd
pidfile         = /var/run/lirc/lircd.pid
plugindir       = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lirc/plugins
permission      = 666
allow-simulate  = Yes
repeat-max      = 600
#effective-user =
listen         = 0.0.0.0:8766
#connect        = host[:port]
#loglevel       = 6
uinput         = Yes
release        = Yes
#logfile        = ...

[lircmd]
uinput          = False
nodaemon        = False

# [modinit]
# code = /usr/sbin/modprobe lirc_serial
# code1 = /usr/bin/setfacl -m g:lirc:rw /dev/uinput
# code2 = ...

# [lircd-uinput]
# release-timeout = 200

Re: convert hardware.conf to lirc_options.conf

Alec Leamas

On 21/05/17 01:39, David Schmitt wrote:
> I'm looking for some help to convert my previously working hardware.conf
> to lirc_options.conf.  I have it half working now.  My DViCO USB
> receiver is working (I can see keypresses in irw).  The part the is not
> yet working again is my homebrew serial port blaster.  I want to use
> irsend commands. I used to use lirc_dev and lirc_serial modules.  I
> think serial_ir has replaced lirc_serial now.  At least it is no longer
> available for my 4.10 ubuntu 17.04 kernel.

Hi!

Assuming you are on debian/ubuntu, have you read the README.debian file?
In particular, the need for a separate systemd service for the
transmitting part.?

Given the the complexity of this configuration, you might be better off
creating a separate lirc_options.conf and feed t to the new service as
a -O option instead of a large amount of options in the service file. In
any case, configuring the "main" lircd process and the transmitter ones
are separate issues besides avoiding name collisions.

The LOAD_MODULES/MODULES part translates into 'insmod XXX' commands in
the [modinit] code stanzas.

HTH