Quantcast

Which IR receiver? (USB - something else)

Which IR receiver? (USB - something else)

LGTrader
Hi,
   This is my first post here. Be gentle. I'm confused by the FAQ. It
says that USB IR dongles are not supported, but I keep reading about
people using StreamZap which has one so I'm not sure what's going on.
Maybe I've got some of the terminology mixed up. Thanks.

1) Are USB IR dongles supported by lirc or not?

2) Does the one that comes with a StreamZap remote work out of the box?

3) Probably more complicated, but if USB dongles are supported is
there any chance of my Logitech keyboard IR dongle working with any
remote (streamZap or anyone else) under Linux?

4) If USB dongles are not supported then can someone recommend a
retail using I can just purchase? I'm not a do-it yourselfer.

Thanks,
Mark