Version 0.7.1 --with-driver=any don't work for me

Version 0.7.1 --with-driver=any don't work for me

Shaul Kedem
Hi,
 I am trying to compile lirc 0.7.1 (downloaded from the gentoo
servers) with 'any' driver but when I call lircd --driver=? I get:
Driver `?' not supported.
Supported drivers:
        default

Instead of a full list of drivers.

Also, hw_atilibusb.c didn't compile for me (maybe it's my install? or
maybe gentoo tar?),

So, what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Shaul

Re: Version 0.7.1 --with-driver=any don't work for me

Shaul Kedem
Hi,
 I should add that I checked the tar downloaded from gentoo and it's
exactly the same as the one in the lirc site. Both have the same
problem.

 Should I compile two versions of the package? one for serial and one
for i2c? - If so, can anyone point me to somewhere it's explained ?

Thanks,
Shaul

On 6/13/05, Shaul Kedem <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I am trying to compile lirc 0.7.1 (downloaded from the gentoo
> servers) with 'any' driver but when I call lircd --driver=? I get:
> Driver `?' not supported.
> Supported drivers:
>         default
>
> Instead of a full list of drivers.
>
> Also, hw_atilibusb.c didn't compile for me (maybe it's my install? or
> maybe gentoo tar?),
>
> So, what am I doing wrong here?
>
> Thanks,
> Shaul

Re: Version 0.7.1 --with-driver=any don't work for me

Christoph Bartelmus
Hi!

Shaul Kedem "[hidden email]" wrote:
>  I should add that I checked the tar downloaded from gentoo and it's
> exactly the same as the one in the lirc site. Both have the same
> problem.

--with-driver=any works in 0.7.1. The problem must be on your side.

Home-brew serial and i2c hardware only need the default driver anyway.

Christoph

Re: Version 0.7.1 --with-driver=any don't work for me

Shaul Kedem
Hi,
  I still can't get this to work, I need to get two lirc deamons
working for the following config:
  1. I have a transmitter, which works only when using /dev/lirc0 (for
some reason, starting the lircd on /dev/lirc1 says the transmitter is
not supported on this one)
  2. I have a hauppauge PVR 350 and I want to use it's remote. The
remote works (I got it to work once)

 I tried compiling with the following command line:
#> ./configure --with-port=0x3f8 --with-irq=4 --with-transmitter
--enable-sandboxed --with-driver=any

The 'make' and 'make install' - no problems there.

  But when I start lircd --driver=? I see only the 'default' driver.
nothing else.

  I can get two lircd instances working, one on /dev/lirc0 and one on
/dev/lirc1 but the send command only works with /dev/lirc0 and the
irxevent stopped working altogether...

  This is my modules.d file for ivtv:
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv-debug=1
#options ivtv ivtv-debug=1 mpg-buffers=90
options tuner type=6
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1 debug=0
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
alias char-major-61-0 lirc_i2c
alias char-major-61-1 lirc_serial
options lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8
#add below ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

I am using gentoo, which means I need to run 'modules-update' when I'm
done, I see the lirc_dev, lirc_i2c and lirc_serial were uploaded using
lsmod. Can I see what major/minor they use?

 Thanks in advance,
Shaul

On 16 Jun 2005 07:04:00 +0200, Christoph Bartelmus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Shaul Kedem "[hidden email]" wrote:
> >  I should add that I checked the tar downloaded from gentoo and it's
> > exactly the same as the one in the lirc site. Both have the same
> > problem.
>
> --with-driver=any works in 0.7.1. The problem must be on your side.
>
> Home-brew serial and i2c hardware only need the default driver anyway.
>
> Christoph

> speed, fast. <a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&opclick">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&opclick

Re: Version 0.7.1 --with-driver=any don't work for me

Shaul Kedem
Hi,
 I've managed to get it to work in Gentoo. I just want to make sure I
did the first part correctly.

 I downloaded the tar file , untarred and unzipped it and ran
configure/make/make install 3 times:
 1. using --with-driver=hauppauge
 2. using --with-transmitter, ---with-driver=serial
 3. using --with-driver=any

 After each of the above I ran make and make install.

 Also, my `modprobe -c | grep lirc` looks like this:
alias char-major-61-0 lirc_i2c
alias char-major-61-1 lirc_serial
options lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8
alias char-major-61-* lirc_dev
alias symbol:lirc_unregister_plugin lirc_dev
alias symbol:lirc_register_plugin lirc_dev

But my hauppauge remote control signals is received on lirc1 which is
61,1 and not lirc0 - which is 61,0.

 On the other hand, the transmitter uses lircd0....

 Again, everything works (I have a listener on lirc1 and a connect on
lirc0), but I can't make heads or tails of it...

Thanks!
Shaul