Quantcast

The state of the 0.9.4 release

Alec Leamas
Hi out there!

0.9.4 has been out for 10 days. During this time a few problems have
been found and fixed. There are patches available in the release-0_9_4
branch, see list below. One affects parallel builds, the rest are
corner-cases for specific drivers or options.

The debian source package [1] has been updated to 0.9.4-2.1 with the
most urgent patches added.

The Ubuntu PPA [3] has been updated to 0.9.4-2.1.

The fedora packages at copr [2] been updated with the same patches to
0.9.4-4. The build fails  on ppc, but is otherwise (i386, amd64) OK. The
ppc build error is for now assumed to be a COPR problem.

I'm still trying to push the debian packaging into the official repos.
However, this is a very complicated process; don't hold your breath.

The official Fedora builds are delayed since I don't get in contact with
the Fedora libirman maintainer - the libirman and lirc updates needs to
be coordinated. As of now I'm not particularly worried about this. In
the meantime, use the COPR builds.

Cheers!

---alec

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/lirc/files/LIRC/0.9.4/

[2] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/leamas/lirc-0.9.4-preview/

[3] https://launchpad.net/~leamas-alec/+archive/ubuntu/lirc-0.9.4

List of significant patches

443460  plugins/uirt2_raw: Reset device to UIR mode on deinit().
27b1a1f plugins/girs.c: Enable reception after sending.
fa5b379 lircd, liblirc_client: Fix lircd  --connect segfault  (#195).
8e0e7b6 lib: use proper linking method to avoid parallel build issue.
f1c2f41 plugins/devinput: Make the list-devices support available.