Switching mode via external application

Helmut Auer
Hi List,
My problem is the following:
I have two applications using lirc, both running all the time.
I want to switch from one application to the other by executing an external program.
How can I switch the mode without pressing a button ? Is there a way to fake lircd by simulating
a button press ?
--
Helmut Auer, [hidden email]

RE: Switching mode via external application

Warren Melnick
I am fairly new at this lirc stuff, so excuse any obvious stupidity
here, however it seems to me that by having 2 conf files for ircat and
having the external program kill ircat and re-run ircat pointing to the
proper conf file would be the way to go, assuming of course that you are
usiong ircat to send the button presses to your apps.

Re: Switching mode via external application

Helmut Auer
Hi,

>I am fairly new at this lirc stuff, so excuse any obvious stupidity
>here, however it seems to me that by having 2 conf files for ircat and
>having the external program kill ircat and re-run ircat pointing to the
>proper conf file would be the way to go, assuming of course that you are
>usiong ircat to send the button presses to your apps.

I  thought ircat is just for debugging issues, or am I wrong here ?

Helmut Auer wrote:

> Hi,
>

>>I am fairly new at this lirc stuff, so excuse any obvious stupidity
>>here, however it seems to me that by having 2 conf files for ircat and
>>having the external program kill ircat and re-run ircat pointing to the
>>proper conf file would be the way to go, assuming of course that you are
>>usiong ircat to send the button presses to your apps.
>>

> I  thought ircat is just for debugging issues, or am I wrong here ?

Are there no furthers ideas ? Do I have to patch Lircd for switching the mode via an application
? A nice idea would be to simulate keys to lircd via an application.

--
Helmut Auer, [hidden email]