Sony remotes with a TSOP38238

Barry St. Cyr
Can I use a TSOP38238 for Sony remotes?

Will this is a work if the carrier is 40KHz?

Barry St. Cyr

Re: Sony remotes with a TSOP38238

Bengt Martensson-2
On 08/11/16 12:18, Barry St. Cyr wrote:
> Can I use a TSOP38238 for Sony remotes?
>
> Will this is a work if the carrier is 40KHz?

Yes.  According to http://www.vishay.com/docs/82489/tsop322.pdf,
relative responsitivity around 0.8.

For *optimal* sensitivity, using a TSOP*40 is of course better.

Thanks for the quick reply.