Re: lircrc file for Cyrus remote

Alec Leamas

On 10/02/17 14:41, Zoltan Fekete wrote:
> Hi Alec,

Hi!

Please don't top-post, this will go into the archives

> Thanks for the kind response.
>
> I am running lirc on Raspberry pi, jessie release and it comes a
> seemingly patched version 0.9.0, which is old and there has been
> significant architectural changes. So upon receiving your mail, i
> decided to go for the latest stable version, downloaded 0.9.4d (plain
> vanilla version), installed it couple of times, but could not get it
> fully working. irw or irexec could not find the socket, though it was
> existing, permissions were ok, etc. (found some troubleshooting mails in
> the mailing list from you).

Basically, you should be able to run a modern lirc on jessie. The
easiest path is to use the lirc-debian-src tarball, from which you can
build .deb packages to install.

Another way is to update debian to the testing branch i. e., stretch
which includes lirc-0.9.4c by default (this is no significant difference
form the 0.9.4d release).

Anyway, you need to configure things, see [1].

[1] http://lirc.org/html/configuration-guide.html

Re: lircrc file for Cyrus remote

Zoltan Fekete
Hi Alec,

Downloaded and built 0.9.4d on raspberry pi.
It looks all ok, except that default paths are wrong. Everything seems to be prefixed with /usr/local --> so my /etc/lirc/.. appears in /usr/local/etc/lirc/.., similar with socket path, etc.
I can get the whole thing working manually (irw would display keystrokes correctly, with my own lircrc file), but default paths are wrong.
Tried various options for --prefix when running configure: it does have affect, but overall does not seem to work ok.

Any ideas? thanks a lot,
Zoltan