Raspberry Pi to blast 455 kHz carrier?

Software
Hi

I have a remote control for a heating system with a carrier frequency of 455 kHz (I actually measured approximately 480 kHz; likely my measurement is not accurate).

Should it be possible to blast such a high carrier frequency signal using a Raspberry Pi and lirc? Or if I write a dedicated app that uses the hardware PWM on GPIO18?

Best regards

PS: I will post the lirc conf file once fully tested

Re: Raspberry Pi to blast 455 kHz carrier?

Bengt Martensson-2
On 09/04/16 17:30, A wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a remote control for a heating system with a carrier frequency of 455 kHz (I actually measured approximately 480 kHz; likely my measurement is not accurate).
>
> Should it be possible to blast such a high carrier frequency signal using a Raspberry Pi and lirc? Or if I write a dedicated app that uses the hardware PWM on GPIO18?

You should probably ask somewhere where RPi hardware experts hang out.

I do not claim to have an answer, but I have an opinion: Having an OS
like Linux generate the fine-grained timing, also if you manage to use
hardware PWM. Using a dedicated processor for generating the timing,
either over USB or a piggyback thing like
http://www.watterott.com/de/RPi-UNO-HAT is probably a better idea.

Please let us know what you come up with.

Greetz,

Bengt