Quantcast

Possible to map a remote control?

Mark Hutchinson
Hello,

I need to control a Telus IPTV box but I cannot locate any lirc configs
for it.
So I am wondering if you can map the remote control output and build a
config with that?

Any assistance with this or pointers on a how to would be much appreciated.

Would this even be possible?

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Possible to map a remote control?

Bengt Martensson-2
On 03/16/17 16:17, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to control a Telus IPTV box but I cannot locate any lirc configs
> for it.
> So I am wondering if you can map the remote control output and build a
> config with that?

Map the remote control output???

There are four Telus Settop boxes at
https://irdb.globalcache.com/Home/Database, any of those apply?

Greetz,

Bengt

On 03/16/17 16:51, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I had a look there and no its not one of those 4 unfortunately.
>
> I think its a newer one.

Manufacturers in general are not changing IR codes very often. Chances
are very good that the commands for the old boxes work, possibly some
commands missing, some not working.

> So how does a person get this working with lirc when there is no known
> config?

Search the internet. (My list: http://harctoolbox.org/IR-resources.html)
Ask the manufacturer's support. You can also of course capture an
existing, working remote.

Greetz,

Bengt