Quantcast

Pay for experts time to fix lirc receive and transmit

Pay for experts time to fix lirc receive and transmit

Mark Hutchinson
Hello,

After spending far too much time hacking away, I need to find someone to assist me and will pay them for their time.

I want to control a STB with an IR transmitter in Hauppauge HDPVR

With irrecord I have a working config for the remote and IRW works properly.
I just cant make that jump to a working irtransmit.

I have this on Ubuntu 16.10 now, but would prefer this be on a fedora 25 box.
When I move  the lirc directory to Fedora, nothing works.  Again, need help here.

Any true experts out there that can help.  We can agree before hand on a fee for your time.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: [mythtv-users] Pay for experts time to fix lirc receive and transmit

Devin Heitmueller
On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 11:50 AM, Mark Hutchinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After spending far too much time hacking away, I need to find someone to
> assist me and will pay them for their time.
>

> I want to control a STB with an IR transmitter in Hauppauge HDPVR
>
> With irrecord I have a working config for the remote and IRW works properly.
> I just cant make that jump to a working irtransmit.
>
> I have this on Ubuntu 16.10 now, but would prefer this be on a fedora 25
> box.
> When I move  the lirc directory to Fedora, nothing works.  Again, need help
> here.
>
> Any true experts out there that can help.  We can agree before hand on a fee
> for your time.

If you're willing to spend money, just spend $20 and buy yourself an
MCEUSB compatible IR transmitter, or one of the many recommended
devices on the MythTV Wiki.

The IR blaster on the HD-PVR is much harder to setup, and works with
fewer IR formats than you'll find in a general purpose IR transmitter.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com

Re: Pay for experts time to fix lirc receive and transmit

John Penfold
On Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 11:50:34 Mark Hutchinson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After spending far too much time hacking away, I need to find someone to
> assist me and will pay them for their time.
>

> I want to control a STB with an IR transmitter in Hauppauge HDPVR
>
> With irrecord I have a working config for the remote and IRW works properly.
> I just cant make that jump to a working irtransmit.
>
> I have this on Ubuntu 16.10 now, but would prefer this be on a fedora 25
> box.
> When I move  the lirc directory to Fedora, nothing works.  Again, need help
> here.
>
> Any true experts out there that can help.  We can agree before hand on a
> fee for your time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,
    a suggestion about getting the transmit to work, assuming that the
hardware is working and producing IR pulses (you can check this with a digital
camera), as the config file was made using irw to copy a handset, the pulse
timings will be slightly distorted by the IR receiver used. All receivers do
this, but some can be really bad. If your handset is in the remotes database
try using that config file as the timings may be better.  Also are you using the
correct modulation frequency (the frequency parameter in the config file), if
you don't know what frequency your handset uses try 36000 or 38000

hope this helps.
    john.

Re: Pay for experts time to fix lirc receive and transmit

Craig Treleaven
> On Mar 21, 2017, at 11:50 AM, Mark Hutchinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> After spending far too much time hacking away, I need to find someone to assist me and will pay them for their time.
>

> I want to control a STB with an IR transmitter in Hauppauge HDPVR
>
> With irrecord I have a working config for the remote and IRW works properly.
> I just cant make that jump to a working irtransmit.
>
> I have this on Ubuntu 16.10 now, but would prefer this be on a fedora 25 box.
> When I move  the lirc directory to Fedora, nothing works.  Again, need help here.
>
> Any true experts out there that can help.  We can agree before hand on a fee for your time.

Before you give up, check which way is “up”.  Normally you hold an IR remote control level with the floor.  If you twist your hand 90 degrees, it will probably only work very sporadically.  I assume IR blasters are the same.

Craig
(Don’t ask me to relate again the sad details of why I know this!)

Re: Pay for experts time to fix lirc receive and transmit

Mark Hutchinson
I have the receive portion working no problem.

Its the transmit that is the issue :(

I likely dont understand how this works in relation to the receive
function with what config is needed.

Mark

On 21/03/17 11:09 AM, Craig Treleaven wrote:

>> On Mar 21, 2017, at 11:50 AM, Mark Hutchinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> After spending far too much time hacking away, I need to find someone to assist me and will pay them for their time.
>>

>> I want to control a STB with an IR transmitter in Hauppauge HDPVR
>>
>> With irrecord I have a working config for the remote and IRW works properly.
>> I just cant make that jump to a working irtransmit.
>>
>> I have this on Ubuntu 16.10 now, but would prefer this be on a fedora 25 box.
>> When I move  the lirc directory to Fedora, nothing works.  Again, need help here.
>>
>> Any true experts out there that can help.  We can agree before hand on a fee for your time.
>>
> Before you give up, check which way is “up”.  Normally you hold an IR remote control level with the floor.  If you twist your hand 90 degrees, it will probably only work very sporadically.  I assume IR blasters are the same.
>
> Craig
> (Don’t ask me to relate again the sad details of why I know this!)

Re: Pay for experts time to fix lirc receive and transmit

Craig Treleaven

> On Mar 21, 2017, at 1:11 PM, Mark <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have the receive portion working no problem.
>
> Its the transmit that is the issue :(
>
> I likely dont understand how this works in relation to the receive function with what config is needed.

I’m referring to the IR emitter (aka blaster).  I don’t know what your hardware looks like but perhaps the emitter is not in the correct orientation to the receiver on the device you wish to control.  If one is rotated w.r.t. the other, they probably won’t work.

Craig
(And it is a lot cleaner if we don’t mix top and bottom posting!)