Quantcast

Mode2 continuously displaying codes when no button is pressed on the remote

Mode2 continuously displaying codes when no button is pressed on the remote

Rikk Sullenberger
I am trying to set up lirc on a Raspberry pi B+ the IR sensor is on pins :

Power 3.3v (pin 1)
Data GPIO 18 (Pin 12
Ground (pin 6)

This is what I get when I run mode2 --raw --device /dev/lirc0
It just continues to scroll garbage......

pulse 211
space 2677
pulse 451
space 7337
pulse 200
space 6388
pulse 320
space 10349
pulse 199
space 360
pulse 213
space 4958
pulse 288
space 7254
pulse 207
space 120288
pulse 245
space 4825
pulse 222
space 3076
pulse 189
space 4534
pulse 446
space 8061
pulse 202
space 173995
pulse 185
space 104
pulse 523
space 2602
pulse 223
space 4866
pulse 201
space 3171
pulse 591
space 5131
pulse 221
space 10476
pulse 204
space 6046
pulse 200
space 10838
pulse 239
space 121186
pulse 209
space 3801
pulse 216
space 12518
pulse 205
space 2998
pulse 483
space 5159
pulse 192
space 2920
pulse 197
^C

Re: Mode2 continuously displaying codes when no button is pressed on the remote

Bengt Martensson-2
On 12/30/16 20:15, Rikk Sullenberger wrote:
> I am trying to set up lirc on a Raspberry pi B+ the IR sensor is on pins :
>
> Power 3.3v (pin 1)
> Data GPIO 18 (Pin 12
> Ground (pin 6)
>
> This is what I get when I run mode2 --raw --device /dev/lirc0
> It just continues to scroll garbage......

This is a hardware problem (and this list a software list ;-)).

Things to try is solder a capacitator directly between power and gnd on
the sensor (e.g. 100nF), a pullup (pulldown?) resistor on the data pin,
a low-pass filter between the data pin and the GPIO. These are often
shown as example circuits in the data sheets.

Watch out for disturbance lights too, like sunlight.

Greetz,

Bengt