LIRC -0.9.0 version

arunachalam maruthu

Re: LIRC -0.9.0 version

Bengt Martensson-2
On 02/22/17 10:39, arunachalam maruthu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to get clarification on supported protocol list.
> Does LIRC 0.9.0 or later version supports 4PPM protocol remote?

What is 4PPM? What is the "supported protocol list"?

Greetz,

Bengt

Re: LIRC -0.9.0 version

arunachalam maruthu
Hi Bengt,
Thanks for the quick reply.

Like Nec, RC5, RCMM, there is protocol called Sejin 4ppm.

Some question has been raised in the same forum earlier related to this on 2001 which is as below,

Please let me know your view.

On 02/23/17 06:54, arunachalam maruthu wrote:
> Hi Bengt,
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> Like Nec, RC5, RCMM, there is protocol called Sejin 4ppm.
>
> Some question has been raised in the same forum earlier related to this
> on 2001 which is as below,
> https://sourceforge.net/p/lirc/mailman/lirc-list/thread/8ESJlRmmz9B@.../

That is an > 15years old postings, pretty void of content...

I did some research and found
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=DecodeIR#Sejin ,
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9898 and
http://www.google.de/patents/US7054361 .

Lirc will not be able to do much with this decoding, *possibly* in raw
mode. What are you trying to do? What alternatives have you considered?

Greetz,

Bengt

Re: LIRC -0.9.0 version

arunachalam maruthu
Hi Bengt,

All I am trying is a remote which supports sejin 4ppm protocol with lirc module.
At the moment,I don't have any alteratives.

Thanks,
Arun