Quantcast

Irrecord don't detect anything but mode2 does

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Irrecord don't detect anything but mode2 does

X-Dimension
Hi!

I've used Lirc a long time ago on my Linux HTPC with a serial IR receiver  
and it works fine.
Now some years later, i've built a new HTPC and want to use my old serial  
reciever again.
But i can't get irrecord to detect something.

I do the following:

1. modprobe lirc_serial to load the driver
2. mode2 -d /dev/lirc/0 to test if the reciever detects my remote control.
-> after pressing some buttons mode2 shows me a lot of output, so my  
remote control seems to work.

3. irrecord -d /dev/lirc/0 myremote.conf
-> Irrecord starts without a problem and tell me that i should press RETURN

"Please send the finished config files to <[hidden email]> so that I
can make them available to others. Don't forget to put all information
that you can get about the remote control in the header of the file.

Press RETURN to continue."

After  pressing RETURN i push any simple button  on my remote control for  
at least a second.
I remember that there should shown some dots on the screen when pressing a  
button, but they don't!
10 seconds after pushing the last button on my remote i get the message:

irrecord: no data for 10 secs, aborting
irrecord: gap not found, can't continue

Because this message is showing 10 seconds after pushing the last button  
you see that irrecord seems
to recieve something from my remote control.

Ive tested it with 2 different computers, 3 different remotes and 3  
different linux distributions, the problem stays the same.
-> Tested with Mandriva 2009 x86_64, Mandriva Cooker x86_64 and also  
OpenSUSE 11.1 x86_64.
-> As remotes i used a Toshiba CT-90287, a Technics/Matsushita RAK-SC 310  
M and a Medion MD 4688 which i used
some years ago with this serial receiver successfully.

Maybe anyone had an idea what goes wrong here.
Thanks a lot!

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Irrecord don't detect anything but mode2 does

Matt Nelson-4
That seams odd that mode2 would see the signals but not irrecord.  Someone else prob has a solution, but as a sanity check are you using a different user for mode2 and irrecord, and could it be a permissions problem accessing the serial ir device?

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 10:20 AM, X-Dimension <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

I've used Lirc a long time ago on my Linux HTPC with a serial IR receiver
and it works fine.
Now some years later, i've built a new HTPC and want to use my old serial
reciever again.
But i can't get irrecord to detect something.

I do the following:

1. modprobe lirc_serial to load the driver
2. mode2 -d /dev/lirc/0 to test if the reciever detects my remote control.
-> after pressing some buttons mode2 shows me a lot of output, so my
remote control seems to work.

3. irrecord -d /dev/lirc/0 myremote.conf
-> Irrecord starts without a problem and tell me that i should press RETURN

"Please send the finished config files to <[hidden email]> so that I
can make them available to others. Don't forget to put all information
that you can get about the remote control in the header of the file.

Press RETURN to continue."

After  pressing RETURN i push any simple button  on my remote control for
at least a second.
I remember that there should shown some dots on the screen when pressing a
button, but they don't!
10 seconds after pushing the last button on my remote i get the message:

irrecord: no data for 10 secs, aborting
irrecord: gap not found, can't continue

Because this message is showing 10 seconds after pushing the last button
you see that irrecord seems
to recieve something from my remote control.

Ive tested it with 2 different computers, 3 different remotes and 3
different linux distributions, the problem stays the same.
-> Tested with Mandriva 2009 x86_64, Mandriva Cooker x86_64 and also
OpenSUSE 11.1 x86_64.
-> As remotes i used a Toshiba CT-90287, a Technics/Matsushita RAK-SC 310
M and a Medion MD 4688 which i used
some years ago with this serial receiver successfully.

Maybe anyone had an idea what goes wrong here.
Thanks a lot!



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Irrecord don't detect anything but mode2 does

X-Dimension
In reply to this post by X-Dimension
In the meantime i get irrecord work with my remote!
I installed the i586 Version of Mandriva 2008 which is using Lirc 0.8.2.
(Mandriva 2009 and Suse 11.1 are using Lirc 0.8.3, Mandriva Cooker have  
0.8.4)
So this problem is either a 64Bit bug, or a bug of lirc later 0.8.2?

But with Mandriva 2008 i586 i ran into the next problem now.
I created my /etc/lircd.conf successfully with irrecord, lircd works fine  
but irw gives me no output.

Can anybody help me to get my remote work?

BTW: My Toshiba remote control uses a RAW mode.

> Hi!
>
> I've used Lirc a long time ago on my Linux HTPC with a serial IR receiver
> and it works fine.
> Now some years later, i've built a new HTPC and want to use my old serial
> reciever again.
> But i can't get irrecord to detect something.
>
> I do the following:
>
> 1. modprobe lirc_serial to load the driver
> 2. mode2 -d /dev/lirc/0 to test if the reciever detects my remote  
> control.
> -> after pressing some buttons mode2 shows me a lot of output, so my
> remote control seems to work.
>
> 3. irrecord -d /dev/lirc/0 myremote.conf
> -> Irrecord starts without a problem and tell me that i should press  
> RETURN
>
> "Please send the finished config files to <[hidden email]> so that I
> can make them available to others. Don't forget to put all information
> that you can get about the remote control in the header of the file.
>
> Press RETURN to continue."
>
> After  pressing RETURN i push any simple button  on my remote control for
> at least a second.
> I remember that there should shown some dots on the screen when pressing  
> a
> button, but they don't!
> 10 seconds after pushing the last button on my remote i get the message:
>
> irrecord: no data for 10 secs, aborting
> irrecord: gap not found, can't continue
>
> Because this message is showing 10 seconds after pushing the last button
> you see that irrecord seems
> to recieve something from my remote control.
>
> Ive tested it with 2 different computers, 3 different remotes and 3
> different linux distributions, the problem stays the same.
> -> Tested with Mandriva 2009 x86_64, Mandriva Cooker x86_64 and also
> OpenSUSE 11.1 x86_64.
> -> As remotes i used a Toshiba CT-90287, a Technics/Matsushita RAK-SC 310
> M and a Medion MD 4688 which i used
> some years ago with this serial receiver successfully.
>
> Maybe anyone had an idea what goes wrong here.
> Thanks a lot!
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------



--
Powered by Mandriva Linux & Opera M2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the new SourceForge.net Marketplace.
It is the best place to buy or sell services for
just about anything Open Source.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/Xq1LFB
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Irrecord don't detect anything but mode2 does

Jay Jaeger
At 08:31 PM 1/11/2009 +0100, you wrote:

>But with Mandriva 2008 i586 i ran into the next problem now.
>I created my /etc/lircd.conf successfully with irrecord, lircd works fine
>but irw gives me no output.
>
>Can anybody help me to get my remote work?

When I last ran into that, it was a problem in the lircd.conf file (two
different Hauppauge remotes).    Also, you might send along:

1) an   ls -ld /dev/ld*   so we can see what devices you have, their
permissions, etc.
2) the command parameters you used with irrecord
3) a    ps -ef | grep lirc    so we can see what is running
4) an   lsmod | grep lirc   so we can see what lirc modules got loaded

Also, suggest

a)  dmesg | grep lirc
b)  grep lirc /var/log/messages

in case there are some clues there.

JRJ


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the new SourceForge.net Marketplace.
It is the best place to buy or sell services for
just about anything Open Source.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/Xq1LFB
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Irrecord don't detect anything but mode2 does [Output Mandriva 2009]

X-Dimension
Here is the output from Mandriva 2009 where irrecord don't work:

1. # ls -ld /dev/lirc*
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 60 2009-01-12 19:20 /dev/lirc/
srw-rw-rw- 1 root root  0 2009-01-12 19:20 /dev/lircd=

My lirc device is /dev/lirc/0 so i started irrecord with this parameters  
as root:

2. # irrecord -d /dev/lirc/0 /etc/lircd.conf

3. # ps -ef | grep lirc
root      2632     1  0 19:20 ?        00:00:00 lircd --driver=default  
--device=name=Logitech?USB?Receiver
root      4080  3969  0 19:41 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color lirc

4.  # lsmod | grep lirc
lirc_serial            18472  0
lirc_dev               17480  1 lirc_serial

5. # dmesg | grep lirc
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61
lirc_serial: auto-detected active low receiver
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0

6. # grep lirc /var/log/messages
Jan 12 19:20:54 HTPC udevd-event[2590]: rename(/dev/lirc.udev-tmp,  
/dev/lirc) failed: Is a directory
Jan 12 19:20:54 HTPC lircd-0.8.4[2632]: lircd(default) ready
Jan 12 19:20:54 HTPC kernel: lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver  
registered, major 61
Jan 12 19:20:54 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: auto-detected active low receiver
Jan 12 19:20:54 HTPC kernel: lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
Jan 12 19:34:12 HTPC lircd-0.8.4[2632]: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
Jan 12 19:34:12 HTPC lircd-0.8.4[2632]: could not get file information for  
name=Logitech?USB?Receiver
Jan 12 19:34:12 HTPC lircd-0.8.4[2632]: default_init(): No such file or  
directory
Jan 12 19:34:12 HTPC lircd-0.8.4[2632]: Failed to initialize hardware
Jan 12 19:54:28 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91e4  
496b91e3 532ad 84807
Jan 12 19:54:30 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91e6  
496b91e3 21899 84807
Jan 12 19:54:31 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91e7  
496b91e3 6d27f 84807
Jan 12 19:54:34 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91ea  
496b91e3 2d573 84807
Jan 12 19:54:34 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91ea  
496b91e3 6785b 84807
Jan 12 19:54:36 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91ec  
496b91eb a8e5b c6adf
Jan 12 19:54:41 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91f1  
496b91f1 2befe 167cd
Jan 12 19:54:41 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91f1  
496b91f1 3cc9d 167cd
Jan 12 19:54:48 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91f8  
496b91f5 3eed1 a3a58
Jan 12 19:54:51 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91fb  
496b91f5 80b7e a3a58
Jan 12 19:54:54 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91fe  
496b91f5 11cc0 a3a58
Jan 12 19:54:54 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91fe  
496b91f5 75f70 a3a58

-> The "ignoring spike" lines are produced when pressing a button on the  
remote control after starting "irrecord -d /dev/lirc/0 /etc/lircd.conf"

I will give you the output from Mandriva 2008, where irrecord works, but  
irw don't later this evening.

Stay tuned!

Am 11.01.2009, 22:28 Uhr, schrieb Jay Jaeger <[hidden email]>:

> At 08:31 PM 1/11/2009 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> But with Mandriva 2008 i586 i ran into the next problem now.
>> I created my /etc/lircd.conf successfully with irrecord, lircd works  
>> fine
>> but irw gives me no output.
>>
>> Can anybody help me to get my remote work?
>
> When I last ran into that, it was a problem in the lircd.conf file (two  
> different Hauppauge remotes).    Also, you might send along:
>
> 1) an   ls -ld /dev/ld*   so we can see what devices you have, their  
> permissions, etc.
> 2) the command parameters you used with irrecord
> 3) a    ps -ef | grep lirc    so we can see what is running
> 4) an   lsmod | grep lirc   so we can see what lirc modules got loaded
>
> Also, suggest
>
> a)  dmesg | grep lirc
> b)  grep lirc /var/log/messages
>
> in case there are some clues there.
>
> JRJ



--
Powered by Mandriva Linux & Opera M2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by:
SourcForge Community
SourceForge wants to tell your story.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/sf-spreadtheword
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Irrecord don't detect anything but mode2 does

X-Dimension
In reply to this post by Jay Jaeger
Am 11.01.2009, 22:28 Uhr, schrieb Jay Jaeger <[hidden email]>:

> At 08:31 PM 1/11/2009 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> But with Mandriva 2008 i586 i ran into the next problem now.
>> I created my /etc/lircd.conf successfully with irrecord, lircd works  
>> fine
>> but irw gives me no output.
>>
>> Can anybody help me to get my remote work?
>
> When I last ran into that, it was a problem in the lircd.conf file (two  
> different Hauppauge remotes).    Also, you might send along:
>
> 1) an   ls -ld /dev/ld*   so we can see what devices you have, their  
> permissions, etc.
> 2) the command parameters you used with irrecord
> 3) a    ps -ef | grep lirc    so we can see what is running
> 4) an   lsmod | grep lirc   so we can see what lirc modules got loaded
>
> Also, suggest
>
> a)  dmesg | grep lirc
> b)  grep lirc /var/log/messages
>
> in case there are some clues there.
>
> JRJ



--
Powered by Mandriva Linux & Opera M2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by:
SourcForge Community
SourceForge wants to tell your story.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/sf-spreadtheword
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Irrecord don't detect anything but mode2 does [Output Mandriva 2008]

X-Dimension
In reply to this post by X-Dimension
And here is the output from Mandriva 2008, where irrecord is working but  
irw don't

1.  # ls -ld /dev/lirc*
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 60 2009-01-12 21:09 /dev/lirc/
srw-rw-rw- 1 root root  0 2009-01-12 21:09 /dev/lircd=
prw-r--r-- 1 root root  0 2009-01-12 21:09 /dev/lircm|

Also here i start irrecord as root with:
2. # irrecord -d /dev/lirc/0 /etc/lircd.conf

3. # ps -ef | grep lirc
root      3661     1  0 21:09 ?        00:00:00 lircd --driver=default  
--device=/dev/lirc/0
root      3686     1  0 21:09 ?        00:00:00 lircmd
root      5237  5201  0 21:14 pts/2    00:00:00 grep --color lirc

4. # lsmod | grep lirc
lirc_serial            13028  1
lirc_dev               12756  1 lirc_serial

5. # dmesg | grep lirc
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
lirc_serial: auto-detected active low receiver
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496ba38d 496ba38b 1b12d c5e9b
lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496ba38e 496ba38b e1a8d c5e9b
lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496ba390 496ba38b 6cc25 c5e9b
lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496ba390 496ba390 b136a 773c5
lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496ba390 496ba390 dc6f2 773c5
lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496ba391 496ba390 aae14 773c5
lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496ba391 496ba390 dccd3 773c5

6.]# grep lirc /var/log/messages
Jan 12 21:09:44 localhost kernel: lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver  
registered, at major 61
Jan 12 21:09:44 localhost kernel: lirc_serial: auto-detected active low  
receiver
Jan 12 21:09:44 localhost kernel: lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin:  
sample_rate: 0
Jan 12 21:09:44 localhost lircd-0.8.3-CVS[3661]: lircd(userspace) ready
Jan 12 21:09:44 localhost lircd-0.8.3-CVS[3661]: accepted new client on  
/dev/lircd
Jan 12 21:09:49 localhost kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1  
496ba38d 496ba38b 1b12d c5e9b
Jan 12 21:09:50 localhost kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1  
496ba38e 496ba38b e1a8d c5e9b
Jan 12 21:09:52 localhost kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1  
496ba390 496b

Here is the output when pressing a button on the remote after irw is  
started as root:

Jan 12 21:18:00 localhost kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1  
496ba578 496ba573 ce82d 3a39a
Jan 12 21:18:01 localhost kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1  
496ba579 496ba573 4c5b5 3a39a
Jan 12 21:18:03 localhost kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1  
496ba57b 496ba573 9959f 3a39a
Jan 12 21:18:13 localhost kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1  
496ba585 496ba580 7a65c b4f56
Jan 12 21:18:16 localhost kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1  
496ba588 496ba587 75f0c c079d
Jan 12 21:18:18 localhost kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1  
496ba58a 496ba589 666b3 88084
Jan 12 21:18:24 localhost lircd-0.8.3-CVS[3661]: accepted new client on  
/dev/lircd
Jan 12 21:18:24 localhost kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1  
496ba590 496ba58c d6f21 729ee
Jan 12 21:18:31 localhost lircd-0.8.3-CVS[3661]: removed client
Jan 12 21:18:33 localhost kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1  
496ba599 496ba597 3e15b 362e7

7. My /etc/lircd.conf on Mandriva 2008 and 2009 looks like this:

begin remote

   name   /etc/lircd.conf
   flags RAW_CODES|CONST_LENGTH
   eps            30
   aeps          100

   ptrail          0
   repeat     0     0
   gap          108396

       begin raw_codes

           name 1
              8910    4599     518     517     515     516
               786     521     526     513     515     512
               765     512     513    1528     770     517

           ...and so on...

       end raw_codes

end remote

8. And finally here is my /etc/sysconfig/lircd (the same on Mandriva 2008  
and 2009)

# Customized settings for lirc daemon

# The hardware driver to use, run lircd --driver=? for a list

DRIVER="default"

# Hardware driver module to load
HWMOD="lirc_serial"

# with devfs enabled
DEVICE="name=Logitech?USB?Receiver"
#DEVICE=/dev/lirc/serial

# without devfs
#DEVICE=/dev/lirc

# Serial port for the receiver (for serial driver)
# COM1 (/dev/ttyS0)
COM_PORT=/dev/ttyS0
DRIVER_OPTS="irq=4 io=0x3f8"



I hope this help to find the problems on Mandriva 2009 with irrecord and  
Mandriva 2008 with irw.


Am 12.01.2009, 20:05 Uhr, schrieb X-Dimension <[hidden email]>:

> Here is the output from Mandriva 2009 where irrecord don't work:
>
> 1. # ls -ld /dev/lirc*
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 60 2009-01-12 19:20 /dev/lirc/
> srw-rw-rw- 1 root root  0 2009-01-12 19:20 /dev/lircd=
>
> My lirc device is /dev/lirc/0 so i started irrecord with this parameters
> as root:
>
> 2. # irrecord -d /dev/lirc/0 /etc/lircd.conf
>
> 3. # ps -ef | grep lirc
> root      2632     1  0 19:20 ?        00:00:00 lircd --driver=default
> --device=name=Logitech?USB?Receiver
> root      4080  3969  0 19:41 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color lirc
>
> 4.  # lsmod | grep lirc
> lirc_serial            18472  0
> lirc_dev               17480  1 lirc_serial
>
> 5. # dmesg | grep lirc
> lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61
> lirc_serial: auto-detected active low receiver
> lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
>
> 6. # grep lirc /var/log/messages
> Jan 12 19:20:54 HTPC udevd-event[2590]: rename(/dev/lirc.udev-tmp,
> /dev/lirc) failed: Is a directory
> Jan 12 19:20:54 HTPC lircd-0.8.4[2632]: lircd(default) ready
> Jan 12 19:20:54 HTPC kernel: lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver
> registered, major 61
> Jan 12 19:20:54 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: auto-detected active low  
> receiver
> Jan 12 19:20:54 HTPC kernel: lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin:  
> sample_rate: 0
> Jan 12 19:34:12 HTPC lircd-0.8.4[2632]: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
> Jan 12 19:34:12 HTPC lircd-0.8.4[2632]: could not get file information  
> for
> name=Logitech?USB?Receiver
> Jan 12 19:34:12 HTPC lircd-0.8.4[2632]: default_init(): No such file or
> directory
> Jan 12 19:34:12 HTPC lircd-0.8.4[2632]: Failed to initialize hardware
> Jan 12 19:54:28 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91e4
> 496b91e3 532ad 84807
> Jan 12 19:54:30 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91e6
> 496b91e3 21899 84807
> Jan 12 19:54:31 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91e7
> 496b91e3 6d27f 84807
> Jan 12 19:54:34 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91ea
> 496b91e3 2d573 84807
> Jan 12 19:54:34 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91ea
> 496b91e3 6785b 84807
> Jan 12 19:54:36 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91ec
> 496b91eb a8e5b c6adf
> Jan 12 19:54:41 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91f1
> 496b91f1 2befe 167cd
> Jan 12 19:54:41 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91f1
> 496b91f1 3cc9d 167cd
> Jan 12 19:54:48 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91f8
> 496b91f5 3eed1 a3a58
> Jan 12 19:54:51 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91fb
> 496b91f5 80b7e a3a58
> Jan 12 19:54:54 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91fe
> 496b91f5 11cc0 a3a58
> Jan 12 19:54:54 HTPC kernel: lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 496b91fe
> 496b91f5 75f70 a3a58
>
> -> The "ignoring spike" lines are produced when pressing a button on the
> remote control after starting "irrecord -d /dev/lirc/0 /etc/lircd.conf"
>
> I will give you the output from Mandriva 2008, where irrecord works, but
> irw don't later this evening.
>
> Stay tuned!
>
> Am 11.01.2009, 22:28 Uhr, schrieb Jay Jaeger <[hidden email]>:
>
>> At 08:31 PM 1/11/2009 +0100, you wrote:
>>
>>> But with Mandriva 2008 i586 i ran into the next problem now.
>>> I created my /etc/lircd.conf successfully with irrecord, lircd works
>>> fine
>>> but irw gives me no output.
>>>
>>> Can anybody help me to get my remote work?
>>
>> When I last ran into that, it was a problem in the lircd.conf file (two
>> different Hauppauge remotes).    Also, you might send along:
>>
>> 1) an   ls -ld /dev/ld*   so we can see what devices you have, their
>> permissions, etc.
>> 2) the command parameters you used with irrecord
>> 3) a    ps -ef | grep lirc    so we can see what is running
>> 4) an   lsmod | grep lirc   so we can see what lirc modules got loaded
>>
>> Also, suggest
>>
>> a)  dmesg | grep lirc
>> b)  grep lirc /var/log/messages
>>
>> in case there are some clues there.
>>
>> JRJ
>
>
>



--
Powered by Mandriva Linux & Opera M2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by:
SourcForge Community
SourceForge wants to tell your story.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/sf-spreadtheword
Loading...