IR receiver fro Bang Olufsen (455 kHz carrier frequency)

IR receiver fro Bang Olufsen (455 kHz carrier frequency)

Software
Hi

Does anyone know a IR receiver (with 5V supply voltage) that can be used to capture the carrier signal (*without* demodulation) of Bang Olufsen remote controls?

>From Vishay, I know TSMP58000 (http://www.vishay.com/ir-receiver-modules/list/product-82485 ; non demodulating, but only up to appr. 60 kHz according to datasheet) and TSOP7000 (http://www1.futureelectronics.com/doc/VISHAY/TSOP7000.pdf ; 455 kHz ok, but demodulating).

Thanks for any hints!

Al

http://sdm.link/attshape

Re: IR receiver fro Bang Olufsen (455 kHz carrier frequency)

Bengt Martensson-2
On 07/03/16 17:43, [hidden email] wrote:
 > Hi
 >
 > Does anyone know a IR receiver (with 5V supply voltage) that can be
used to capture the carrier signal (*without* demodulation) of Bang
Olufsen remote controls?

 >>From Vishay, I know TSMP58000
(http://www.vishay.com/ir-receiver-modules/list/product-82485 ; non
demodulating, but only up to appr. 60 kHz according to datasheet) and
TSOP7000 (http://www1.futureelectronics.com/doc/VISHAY/TSOP7000.pdf ;
455 kHz ok, but demodulating).

I do not know of any "IR receiver" of that type either. When I looked at
it some time ago, it appears as if (most?) photo _transistors_ are not
fast enough either. So the only thing that remains would be an IR photo
_diode_, like BPW41N (raise, fall time 100ns, so THAT should be fast
enough). When I experimented with one such, it had extremely bad
"range", < 1cm! So it should probably be combined with some amplifier,
like a standard bipolar transistor.

If you are looking for an (expensive) ready built solution, look at
CommandFusion, which captures these signal without problems. It is
supported by IrScrutinizer. Price and availability in *.de is a problem
though... . IIRC, some but not all of GlobalCache learner can do it too.

But do not forget that you download most of those signals directly from
Internet anyhow!

Greetz,

Bengt

http://sdm.link/attshape

Re: IR receiver fro Bang Olufsen (455 kHz carrier frequency)

James A R Brown
Tsop7000 on standard internet homebrew rs232

Has worked for me for years on rs232.... Beo5 beo4 etc

I wouldnt go with a usb homebrew.... Tried something, but a beo repeats without a space, so ended abandoning that

Hardest part was finding a rs232 header to connect to mb.

James

On 3 July 2016 17:27:29 BST, Bengt Martensson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 07/03/16 17:43, [hidden email] wrote:
Hi

Does anyone know a IR receiver (with 5V supply voltage) that can be
used to capture the carrier signal (*without* demodulation) of Bang
Olufsen remote controls?

From Vishay, I know TSMP58000

http://sdm.link/attshape

Re: IR receiver fro Bang Olufsen (455 kHz carrier frequency)

Software
Thank you for your responses.

@James: TSOP7000 seems to be out of stock, no longer manufactured; sadly. And fully agreed that a homebrew usb device is way too much effort. Instead of a RS232 interface, I plan to use the GPIO of a Raspberry Pi 3. I already confirmed that a self-written C program can sample the GPIO at 1microsec interval. This should be just sufficient for a 455 kHz remote (1 microsec on, 1 microsec off).

@Bengt: Thank you for suggesting the photodiode BPW41N; might be my best chance to succeed. Efficacy might be low, but I only need it for learning. The codes are not available on the internet, as it is not a B&O but another remote that I suspect to run with a 455 kHz carrier frequency.

Thanks again

Al

Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2016 07:12:32 +0100
From: James A R Brown <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: IR receiver fro Bang Olufsen (455 kHz carrier frequency)
To: Bengt Martensson <[hidden email]>,
[hidden email]

http://sdm.link/attshape

Re: IR receiver fro Bang Olufsen (455 kHz carrier frequency)

James A R Brown

If its a beo tv usually has ir out at 38khz, thats how drive my box and prgramme beo5 to suit. Have beo software if use.

Beo5 can also run 38khz commands as standard, but maybe messy to get going.

Or change remote.... But where is fun and fashion in that

There seem to be tsop on ebay here (uk). China stuff $10

http://sdm.link/attshape

@James: Thanks. TSOP7000 is indeed easily available on ebay; I had missed that. And for the unmodulated signal I will try with a photodiode (BPW41N, plus amplification).

http://sdm.link/attshape