Quantcast

IR Blaster Lirc FTDI

qwarlock

Hey Guys,

I bought a USB IRBlaster from irblaster.info.  I am trying to get lirc
to work with it.  lsmod | grep ftdi shows  ftdi_sio  usbserial.  dnesg
shows that ftdi_sio found the device and created /dev/ttyUSB0.

I call lircd

lircd --driver=ftdi --device="serial=FTF5XZAW" --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd --nodaemon

In a different window I run
irsend --device=/var/run/lirc/lircd SEND_ONCE RNG150N 6

I run the above in a loop and watch.

The server reports that if initializes, sends successfully.

Watching the device on a camera I see no flashing.

So somwhere and silently this is all failying.  Does anyone see what
I am doing wrong?  Is there a better way of doing this?  Am I using
the right driver?  I believe ftdi_sio is the kernel driver.  Can I
Use libftdi?  How would I do that?  I heard there is a difference
between ftdi an ftdi1.  How woul I use these drivers?

from
steveZ

Re: IR Blaster Lirc FTDI

Alec Leamas

On 10/10/16 03:02, Steven Z wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I bought a USB IRBlaster from irblaster.info.  I am trying to get lirc
> to work with it.  lsmod | grep ftdi shows  ftdi_sio  usbserial.  dnesg
> shows that ftdi_sio found the device and created /dev/ttyUSB0.

We need some more here: What is your OS? lirc version?

> I call lircd
>
> lircd --driver=ftdi --device="serial=FTF5XZAW" --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd --nodaemon
>
> In a different window I run
> irsend --device=/var/run/lirc/lircd SEND_ONCE RNG150N 6
>
> I run the above in a loop and watch.
>
> The server reports that if initializes, sends successfully.

Could you share the logs showing this?

> Watching the device on a camera I see no flashing.
>
> So somwhere and silently this is all failying.  Does anyone see what
> I am doing wrong?  Is there a better way of doing this?  Am I using
> the right driver?  I believe ftdi_sio is the kernel driver.  Can I
> Use libftdi?  How would I do that?  I heard there is a difference
> between ftdi an ftdi1.  How woul I use these drivers?

Out of the  top of my head the lirc ftdi driver  uses libftdi1. So,
that's what you are using here. The difference is just that libftd1 is
more recent and incompatible with the older  libftdi.