Quantcast

How to change the device lirc is using?

Cameron Junge
Hi All,

I have a Silverstone LC16M case with an IMON display which shows up as
an IR remote. I also have a Microsoft IR receiver with a MCE remote
(model 1039).

I've just installed Xubuntu with Plex after running Windows Media Center
and Plex on Windows 7, so am struggling to configure it for IR.

When setting up LIRC it asked me which remote to use, and I chose the
MCEUSB driver. I don't use the IMON device, and don't intend to for IR.

This seems to be working ok when I specify the device to use, but the
default settings don't seem to work correctly.

I haven't found how to set the default device for LIRC to use for the
MCEUSB driver. Can someone explain to me what I need to do? Is there a
way to disable the IMON device?

Thanks, Cameron

Re: How to change the device lirc is using?

Alec Leamas
Hi Cameron!

On 28/07/16 11:43, Cameron Junge wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have a Silverstone LC16M case with an IMON display which shows up as
> an IR remote. I also have a Microsoft IR receiver with a MCE remote
> (model 1039).
>
> I've just installed Xubuntu with Plex after running Windows Media Center
> and Plex on Windows 7, so am struggling to configure it for IR.

Unfortunately, Debian and thus Ubuntu is using a very old lirc version.
Also, the configuration of this particular version uses some
Debian-specific things. The net result is that it might be hard to get
help here (the current lirc version is 0.9,4a).

If no-one else on this list has a reply for you, I'd suggest you refer
to a Mythtv, Kodi or similar list to get help. When you do, it might
make sense to provide some more details:

- The lirc version (lircd --version tells you this)
- The Xubuntu version
- The contents of hardware.conf
- (A link to ) the output of dmesg