Quantcast

Fwd: Re: LIRC on a microcotroller

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Fwd: Re: LIRC on a microcotroller

Abhinav Kalra
On 15/10/2016 09:01:36, Bengt Martensson wrote:


>Hate to be patronizing, but this is not quite correct. Amote (which is

>tha name of the Android app) is nothing more, nothing less than a Lirc

>client, communicating over the socket command interface of lircd. In a

>way, the Lirc client in IrScrutinizer does the same thing, but without

>the "click" emphasis. (BTW, its home page http://www.datscharf.dk/amote

>seems to have disappeared)

I am aware of all of this, that the application is just working as a LIRC client and about the link you mentioned too. I just wanted to know what actually the app was doing in the background and if that could be used to my benefit. And you mentioned about the IrScrutinizer, I have worked with that but the thing is that I could not find the source code of that, I am not even aware if its freeware of not. So I would not be able to use it for what I am working on. I want some hardware software combination that can just simply learn and store and also send the signals whenever necessary.


>Consider an IrToy instead. Also please check out my "toy":

This "toy" of yours is fantastic. Superb, I should say. I have visited the your website before when I downloaded and used IrScrutinizer but this toy of yours and then AGirs, Thanks for all the help!


Hope you have a good life ahead of you.

-AK


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Fwd: Re: LIRC on a microcotroller

Bengt Martensson-2
On 10/15/16 13:48, Abhinav Kalra wrote:

> On 15/10/2016 09:01:36, Bengt Martensson wrote:
>
>
>>Hate to be patronizing, but this is not quite correct. Amote (which is
>
>>tha name of the Android app) is nothing more, nothing less than a Lirc
>
>>client, communicating over the socket command interface of lircd. In a
>
>>way, the Lirc client in IrScrutinizer does the same thing, but without
>
>>the "click" emphasis. (BTW, its home page http://www.datscharf.dk/amote
>
>>seems to have disappeared)
>
> I am aware of all of this, that the application is just working as a
> LIRC client and about the link you mentioned too. I just wanted to know
> what actually the app was doing in the background and if that could be
> used to my benefit. And you mentioned about the IrScrutinizer, I have
> worked with that but the thing is that I could not find the source code
> of that,

 From the program's GUI, Help -> Browse sources on Github
will take you directly there. Otherwise it is:
https://github.com/bengtmartensson/harctoolboxbundle/


> I am not even aware if its freeware of not.

Help -> About. It is GPL3.

> So I would not be
> able to use it for what I am working on. I want some hardware software
> combination that can just simply learn and store and also send the
> signals whenever necessary.

Be sure to check out my other software on harctoolbox.org and Github.

Greetz,

Bengt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
Loading...