Current status of the Philips eHome receiver (mce usb)

Current status of the Philips eHome receiver (mce usb)

Arjan Franzen
Hi,

I've tried to get the latest sources from CVS to get my Philips eHome
receiver working (usbvendor:model 0471:0815) but with not much luck
I saw a mail in this mailinglist of some time ago (march 2005) wich
seems to fix the issue. The mail containing the new lirc_mceusb.c is
only partly in the listarchive of this list on sourceforge. The latest
Lirc doenst seem to include Jim Cortell?s fixes
Can someone tell me if they got teir MCE remote with given model number
working with the latest verion of LIRC?

thanks,

Arjan

Re: Current status of the Philips eHome receiver (mce usb)

Eli Crumrine
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:34:30 +0200 | Arjan Franzen <[hidden email]>

::-Can someone tell me if they got teir MCE remote with given model number
::-working with the latest verion of LIRC?
::-

Martin Blatter (on this list) has written the latest mceusb
driver, hosted here.  http://blatter.com/mceusb/

I and a few others here are using it, works great.

Re: Current status of the Philips eHome receiver (mce usb)

Arjan Franzen
EC,Martin,

thanks! ik works now. i've only encountered what i think is a reference
counting problem.
the daemon starts correctly
irw connects
all is well
irw exits and session is cleaned up
new irw session doesn't display anything

if otoh i connect 2 irws, both work until i exit both and try to connect
a new one.
was this issue ever noted/fixed?

anyway i'm happy with the given fix and mythtv works now with my remote.

Arjan

EC wrote:

>Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:34:30 +0200 | Arjan Franzen <[hidden email]>
>
>::-Can someone tell me if they got teir MCE remote with given model number
>::-working with the latest verion of LIRC?
>::-
>
>Martin Blatter (on this list) has written the latest mceusb
>driver, hosted here.  http://blatter.com/mceusb/
>
>I and a few others here are using it, works great.

>a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair down the office luge track?
>If you want to score the big prize, get to know the little guy.
>Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display: http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20

Re: Current status of the Philips eHome receiver (mce usb)

Dirk Aust
one question, what is the Philips eHome receiver? Is it something like high
end RF remote with al lot of buttons, mayby a full keyboard?

Regards,
Dirk

Am Samstag, 11. Juni 2005 23:34 schrieb Arjan Franzen:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried to get the latest sources from CVS to get my Philips eHome
> receiver working (usbvendor:model 0471:0815) but with not much luck
> I saw a mail in this mailinglist of some time ago (march 2005) wich
> seems to fix the issue. The mail containing the new lirc_mceusb.c is
> only partly in the listarchive of this list on sourceforge. The latest
> Lirc doenst seem to include Jim Cortell?s fixes
> Can someone tell me if they got teir MCE remote with given model number
> working with the latest verion of LIRC?
>
> thanks,
>
> Arjan

Re: Current status of the Philips eHome receiver (mce usb)

Arjan Franzen
Dirk,

An exact photo of the remote is on the bottom of this page (in german for
your convenience ;-)
http://www.ptme.ch/products.php?p=b6c39b
it's a remote control, no full keyboard

regards,

Arjan

> Hi,
> one question, what is the Philips eHome receiver? Is it something like
> high
> end RF remote with al lot of buttons, mayby a full keyboard?
>
> Regards,
> Dirk
>
> Am Samstag, 11. Juni 2005 23:34 schrieb Arjan Franzen:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've tried to get the latest sources from CVS to get my Philips eHome
>> receiver working (usbvendor:model 0471:0815) but with not much luck
>> I saw a mail in this mailinglist of some time ago (march 2005) wich
>> seems to fix the issue. The mail containing the new lirc_mceusb.c is
>> only partly in the listarchive of this list on sourceforge. The latest
>> Lirc doenst seem to include Jim Cortell?s fixes
>> Can someone tell me if they got teir MCE remote with given model number
>> working with the latest verion of LIRC?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Arjan

>> shotput a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair down the
>> office
>> luge track? If you want to score the big prize, get to know the little
>> guy.
>> Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display: http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20

> shotput
> a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair down the office luge
> track?
> If you want to score the big prize, get to know the little guy.
> Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display: http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20

Re: Current status of the Philips eHome receiver (mce usb)

Mario Limonciello
Several different RC6 remotes can actually be used with this eHome
transceiver.  If you check out there are some very small form factor
say 1/8" to 1/4" thick that have half the buttons but that's pretty
much everything you need.  My mce2005 receiver identifies as an eHome
receiver, but not phillips.  My mce2004 receiver does the same thing.
Here is a picture of the RC6 remote that I use (taken from a toshiba
quosimo) as well as my mce2005 receiver that identifies as an eHome
transciever.

http://home.eng.iastate.edu/~superm1/toshiba_remote.jpg