Blasted Blasting Problem!

Mike Jaquays
All,

I have an issue I could use a bit of assistance with.  It seems that
while I was on vacation, my cable company updated some of my
set-top-boxes.  Post update, the STBs are not interpreting blasted
signals the same.  For example:

If I change a channel to 1004, the STB changes channel to 10, then 4.
If I change a channel to 1234, no issue.  The STB seems to be dropping
what it assumes is a duplicate digit.

I've attempted to adjust the gap and repeat values in my LIRC config
with no change in behaviour.  Any suggestions you could provide would be
much appreciated!

Re: Blasted Blasting Problem!

Bengt Martensson-2
On 09/02/16 17:58, Mike Jaquays wrote:

> All,
>

> I have an issue I could use a bit of assistance with.  It seems that
> while I was on vacation, my cable company updated some of my
> set-top-boxes.  Post update, the STBs are not interpreting blasted
> signals the same.  For example:
>
> If I change a channel to 1004, the STB changes channel to 10, then 4.
> If I change a channel to 1234, no issue.

Almost surely the STB is using a toggle bit
(http://www.harctoolbox.org/Glossary.html#toggle), and your system does
not implement it correctly. In the past, the STB did not check it, now
it seems like it rejects "repeated" signals with identical toggles.

If you tell us the lircd.conf, the STB, and preferably also the hardware
we may be able to help you more.

Greetz,

Bengt