ACT220L

Oliver Breuninger
Hello,

I want to use store IR-Commands to files and then useof this files with
my smartphone.

My Hardware is an Actisys 220l+, which Linux distribution and which
LIRC-version should the best for this ?

Since weeks I tried some distributions and all LIRC versions.

regards

Oliver

Re: ACT220L

Bengt Martensson-2
On 04/11/16 20:55, Oliver Breuninger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to use store IR-Commands to files and then useof this files with
> my smartphone.

Since Lirc does not support smartphones, I guess your goal is to to use
Lirc to capture you IR, then using them in a smartphone app.

> My Hardware is an Actisys 220l+, which Linux distribution and which
> LIRC-version should the best for this ?

... to capture the signals your equipment is using? A very bad idea. The
mentioned "dongle" is an IrDA adapter. IrDA has very little in common
with "Consumer IR" (CIR), which your devices are using. See also
http://lirc.org/irda.html. Traditionally, the Linux and Lirc community
has had a very large fascination at getting "unsound" hardware to run
(or possibly "run"), so I would not be surprised if there existed a
"working" Lirc driver somewhere.

It is probably a better idea to search the Internet for the desired
codes, and then feed them into your smartphone app.

To my knowledge, there is no open-source Infrared sending app. I have
had good experiences with irplus https://irplus-remote.github.io/, which
is free-of-charge, but closed-source.

You may find IrScrutinizer http://www.harctoolbox.org/IrScrutinizer.html
useful for downloading, converting (and capturing, with suitable,
"sane", hardware). The latest version on Github version can generate
files for irplus directy.